ABA therapy is one of the best things you can do for your child with autism. It is the most studied and proven therapy approach to help your child reach their full potential and fosters a closer relationship with your child. At the Autism Therapy Group, we patiently and effectively help your child learn and develop social, communication, and self-care skills and arm you with the ability to help them outside therapy sessions.
And when you know how to help your child grow more independent and communicate with you, you’ll increase preferred behaviors and decrease unwanted ones. It’s a win-win for everyone involved!
We know you have choices when searching for “ABA therapy near me.” But if you are in the Chicago area, partnering with The Autism Therapy Group is your best bet. We provide in-home ABA therapy and clinic-based services in our 16,000-square-foot facility in Lombard, IL. Not to mention we also offer ABA therapy services in other locations:
|ABA Therapy in Illinois||ABA Therapy in Texas||ABA Therapy in Wisconsin|
What is ABA Therapy?
Based on the science of behavior and learning, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) aids in understanding:
- how children learn
- how behavior works
- how the environment affects children’s behavior
ABA therapy helps your child grow in their independence and thrive in social situations. ABA therapy uses proven methods to achieve these goals.
- Positive reinforcement – Your child learns desired behaviors and strengthens communication skills in a positive learning environment.
- Extinction – Using patience, understanding, and experience, your child’s ABA therapy team will reward your child for positive learned behaviors and “extinguish” unwanted behaviors using gentle, caring techniques.
- Prompting – Your child will gain confidence in their ability to successfully communicate and exhibit appropriate behaviors through verbal prompts, body language, and gentle hands-on help.
Unfortunately, there are some negative stigmas associated with ABA therapy. But it’s crucial to understand that these stigmas aren’t true. ABA therapy isn’t harmful, it doesn’t ensure your child communicates robotically, and it takes into account your child’s emotions and learning style.
How ABA Therapy in Illinois and Beyond Can Help Your Child With Autism
First off, we know your child is wonderfully unique. Just because they may have ASD, that doesn’t mean they are “broken” or in need of a “cure.” They simply need a little more love, patience, and guidance in some areas. And that’s just what we do through our ABA Therapy sessions.
One of the most frustrating things for children with autism is not being able to effectively communicate their needs, desires, frustrations, and emotions. And the frustration can often lead to unwanted behaviors.
At the Autism Therapy Group, we can help your child learn how to communicate effectively and teach them valuable skills so they can form positive social relationships. Through positive reinforcement and easy-to-understand skills training, your child will learn, practice, and master the things they need the most help with. Because we understand how vital your role in ABA therapy is as a parent, we’ll also teach you how you can continue helping your child grow outside of their sessions.
Why Partner With The Autism Therapy Group for ABA Therapy Near Me
When you choose The Autism Therapy Group for ABA therapy in Illinois, Texas, or Wisconsin, you get top-notch, experienced service with supreme dedication to your child and family. We tailor your child’s therapy to their individual needs and can schedule in-home or clinic-based ABA therapy sessions to fit your schedule conveniently.
We hold ourselves to a high standard of service to ensure you and your child are getting what you need out of our ABA therapy in Illinois, Texas, and Wisconsin. Our commitment to a higher level of service shows in how we treat our employees and the accreditations we’ve received.
- No overworked therapists – We ensure our Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs) and Registered Behavior Technicians (RBTs) don’t get burnt out by giving them responsible caseloads.
- Trained professionals – We don’t hire just anybody at The Autism Therapy Group. Our RBTs must meet the proper requirements, pass a comprehensive background check, complete necessary training, and pass a rigorous examination.
- BHCOE Accreditation – To make sure we provide only the best ABA therapy in Illinois and beyond, we’ve received the Behavioral Health Center of Excellence (BHCOE) accreditation.
- Child-first philosophy – Your child comes first. Rather than worrying about billable hours, our ABA therapists do what’s appropriate for your child and family and do everything we can to provide all families access to our high-quality care without worrying about financial burdens.
- Commitment to excellence – Our ABA therapy services are built on three foundational pillars: individualized, customized treatment, high-quality service, and a commitment to care.
- We have heart – We also operate on three standing principles: independence, partnership, and commitment, not only for you and your family but also for our team of employees. These principles are at the center of everything we do.
How to Get Started With ABA Therapy in Illinois, Texas, or Wisconsin
Deciding to enroll your child in ABA therapy is a great decision, and we make starting therapy easy at The Autism Therapy Group. Simply:
- Contact Us – Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (847) 465-9556. We’ll answer any questions you have about ABA therapy and our services.
- Schedule a Free Consultation – During your initial consultation, we’ll discuss your concerns and talk specifics about what your child needs.
- Schedule Your Child’s Initial Assessment – We’ll meet with you and your child to begin your journey through ABA therapy and perform a comprehensive assessment of their needs.
- Begin Therapy – Whether you choose in-home ABA therapy or clinic-based services, we’ll schedule your child’s sessions to fit best into your schedule.
Early intervention is best, so getting started sooner rather than later is recommended. Your child has the ability to achieve their dreams. We just help them get there with professional teaching, guidance, and care. Don’t wait. Contact us today!